Hi, I'm Ariel.
Despite being a writer, I hate writing these things. I can not summarize my personality, interests, and experiences in a polished paragraph. I am a human with too many passions and trying to learn how to find beauty in imperfection. However...
Community, audience engagement, and storytelling are what interest me professionally. I'm a proud fangirl who sees the value in understanding an audience's needs and how to incorporate trends into social campaigns. I love the meticulous process of writing social copy and debating what type of emoji to add.
Click here to see more of my work.
tl;dr: girl who spent teen years on social media and being Wattpad famous likes branding and marketing. pls hire her.Here's my resume.
Look At What I Did
Blog Editor | Fan To Band: News Stan(d)
- Manage a team of writers and assist with proofreading their articles and columns before their publishing date
- Work alongside Editor in Chief to maintain relationships with music publicists and organize pitches for writers
- Audit and monitor existing and new blog posts to ensure they adhere to the team’s SEO strategy guidelines
Blogger & Founder | AsToldByAriel.com
- Write listicles, how-tos, and roundups using affiliate programs like ShopStyle, Amazon Associates, and Awin
- Maintain a Google Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy that increased organic traffic by 2,908% in one year
- Manage a 6-month content calendar for blog content with target keywords for Pinterest and Google SEO strategy
- Analyze data from Google Analytics and Google Search Console to identify traffic trends or growth opportunities
Junior Social Copywriter | Golin - Dallas
- Concepted text-only tweets using pop culture and trends to increase audience engagement and interactions
- Researched influencers to write storyboards and social copy for Adobe’s “Women Create Wednesday” series
- Wrote copy for Adobe’s evergreen and user-generated content for Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and TikTok
- Collaborated with teams across the country to concept and create social media campaigns for various clients
- Reviewed resumes and writing samples and interviewed interns for Golin Dallas’s internship committee
- Accounts: Adobe brand (@adobe), Adobe Acrobat (@adobeacrobat), and Adobe EDU (@adobeforedu) | Previous: Cisco ET&I, Yelp, & Slack
Creative Copywriter Intern | Red Six Media
- Worked under the Senior Copywriter to write copy for pitch presentations, video scripts and social media content
- Maintained communication with the creative team through G-Suite products, such as Google Chat and Gmail
- Served as a production assistant, script writer and extra for YCMA’s award-winning “Find Your Y” commercial
Entertainment Reporter | LSU Reveille
- Stayed-up-to-date with the latest pop culture, entertainment and music news to pitch 3-4 article ideas weekly
- Delivered 2 AP-Style articles and conducted interviews under tight deadlines ranging from 24-48 hours
- Wrote the highest engaged music review in publication history with 1.6k likes and 508 retweets on Twitter
Marketing & Communications Intern | LSU Campus Life
- Developed social media campaigns that led to an increase of 500 followers on Instagram in one semester
- Managed and scheduled posts across LSU Campus Life’s three social media platforms using Hootsuite
- Captured content and posted real-time social media content for our entertainment and educational events
Social Media Analytics
Want me to write for you? Please drop a message in my inbox to discuss pay rates & my availability. I'm currently open to writing editorial pieces & music-related copywriting.